local_florist

Our History

|
|
|
|
|
|

 In 1941, John A. Knox established the House of Knox, which was located in the 300 block of Halifax Street; after purchasing E. D. Mason Funeral Home.

Later, Mr. Knox moved his business to 564 Halifax Street after building a new facility.  The House of Knox remained under the direction of Mr. Knox until September of 1982, then he took full retirement.  The business was sold to Donati R. High, Sr., in the same year.  At that time Mr. High changed the name to Knox Funeral Service.

In September, 1996,  the High family moved into a completely new facility at 568 Halifax Street and the name was changed to Knox-High Mortuary, Inc.

Knox-High Mortuary, Inc. continues to strive for excellence in our services to families with a dedicated staff under the leadership of The High Family.

For many years we have served the families of this community with dignity, understanding and integrity.  Our establishment is operated by a staff of trained and highly skilled professional specialists, and is considered by us to be one of the most up to date in this area.  While our facilities have been constantly modernized for better service, our policy remains unchanged.


- "Diligent in Business; Fervent in Spirit." - Romans: 12:11

© 2019 Knox-High Mortuary, Inc.. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS